Okay not just Blackerry, but iPhone or any other hands free device. We use our hands so much more these days for everything from texting to hailing a cab. Nail looks are getting more and more sophisticated as those needs grow. I don’t know about you, but I spend WAY more time on my nails than I used to. The latest trends in nails are funky and more fashionable than just a regular manicure. Winter 2009 nail polish trends are centered around dark tones, deep plums and wines, grey, charcoal and bottomless blues. Metallic accents complete the look. This season’s colors reflect the boldness of fashion driven women who are risk takers. Enter, the “BlackBerry Bling.”
Dawn Sterling, creator of the “BlackBerry Bling” and lead technician at the Carol’s Daughter Back Room Hand & Foot Spa says, “The BlackBerry Bling will be hot this season because everyone has a BlackBerry, if you don’t, you’ve got something that you’re texting and emailing on all day – with your thumbs. Since your thumbs are always in sight they’ve become a huge fashion accessory.” Dawn says that manicures have evolved from a simple grooming ritual to fashion accessory. “Nails were huge during Fashion Week this Fall and people were paying more attention to nail trends than ever before. Women aren’t spending as much on clothes and other accessories, so hot nails are becoming a major must have.”
Want to achieve the “BlackBerry Bling” from home? “It’s all in the product and application,” Dawn explains. “Some polishes apply differently from others; you have to know which ones go on even without having to apply multiple coats. Know the brand and take your time to apply correctly.”
SEVEN SIMPLE STEPS TO ACHIEVING THE BLACKBERRY BLING
- Start with an exfoliating hand treatment like the Carol’s Daughter Lemon Ginger Mint Manicure. This will soften any dead callused skin around the hands leaving them silky smooth. Follow with the Carol’s Daughter Lemon & Rose Hand Cream to lock in the moisture.
- Choose your polish. For a base color, Dawn suggests colors like ‘Kaleidoscope’ by Chanel, ‘Mink Muffs’ by Essie or ‘Knight Storm’ by M2M. For some sparkle, try ‘Star Burst’ by M2M.
- Start by applying a base coat like Essie First Base Base Coat to all nails.
- Apply a matte nail color to fingers, excluding the index finger and thumb. (Dawn says you can turn your favorite shade into a matte shade by applying Essie Matte About You Matte Finisher.)
- Apply a metallic polish of your choice to remaining unpolished nails.
- Apply a second coat on each nail, and allow three to five minutes to dry.
- Finish with a top coat. Dawn recommends Essie Super Dry Top Coat.
Like this post? Don\'t miss another one! Subscribe to the RSS feed!!
From time to time, various brands, PR companies, and marketing firms graciously submit product to The Makeup Girl for editorial consideration. Just like any magazine, The Makeup Girl readers can take comfort in knowing that gratis product has never nor will it ever guarantee a mention on this blog/site. For the full disclosure, click the tab in the navigation bar at the top labeled \"Disclosure\".