One shade that always seems to come back every year, no matter the trend is purple. Different shades and tones of purple….every year! This time, we have violet tones showcased beautifully by Clinique with their new Holiday collection, Black Tie Violets.
This is a collection of purples ranging from violet berries to rich plums. Which as a brown eyed girl I am gaga over as anything violet makes our eyes pop!
- Shimmering Stripes Powder Blusher ($29.50) in Tuxedo Plums. A limited edition compact featuring four complementary shades of plummy blush shades pressed into a striking striped pattern.
- Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad ($25) in Black Tie Violets. A limited edition quad of four shimmery eye shadows contained in a sleek, mirrored compact.
- Brush-On Cream Liner ($14.50) in Violet Luxe. A limited edition must have!! This creamy gel liner is fast-drying, non-smudging AND to top it off…..waterproof (be still my heart!)
- Different Lipstick ($14) in A Different Grape. The shade that inspired this collection… a dark shade of purple with hints of pink.
- Full Potential Lips Plump and Shine ($17.50) in Bloomberry (limited edition), Double Plum (limited edition) and Luscious Lilac. A multi-purpose, high-shine gloss instantly gives lips a softer, more contoured look. (it is also one of my favorites for it’s long lasting formula)
- High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 ($14) in Extreme Pink. This long-wearing, deeply pigmented lipstick that is feather resistant. The formula is moisturizing and protects lips from harmful UVA/UVB rays.
Clinique’s Holiday 2009 Black Tie Violets is currently available online at Clinique.com.