The gorgeous Lea Michele of the hit show Glee sparkled on the red carpet Sunday night with the assistance of Dove hair care Products. Celebrity editorial stylist Mark Townsend created a full, voluminous, summery hair look that had tons of va-va-va-volume and shine. “Lea wanted to look modern and sexy and this bold style, with lots of volume and texture, was perfect for the Teen Choice Awards,” said stylist Mark Townsend.
- Shampoo and condition with Dove Damage Therapy Volume Boost Shampoo and Conditioner the night before to leave hair looking healthy and full of body
- Distribute Dove Body & Lift Volumizing Mousse throughout and blow dry hair with round brush to add lift
- Divide hair into 5 sections: 1 top, 2 sides, 2 back
- Apply Dove Heat Defense Therapy Mist to individual sections immediately before applying curling iron to protect hair against heat styling damage
- Starting with the back section, use a double barrel curling iron on 3 inch sections of hair, letting the curled pieces fall and hair cool without pinning
- Continue to curl the entire head using the double barreled iron to create figure-eight style waves
- Warm a pea-sized amount of Dove Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream between the palms of hands. Rake fingers through hair to distribute product evenly for shiny, beachy texture.
- Flip head upside down to slightly loosen up the look and spray Dove Unscented Extra Hold Hairspray with Natural Movement throughout
Tips from Celebrity Editorial Stylist Mark Townsend:
- “I use Dove Heat Defense Therapy Mist on dry hair immediately before I use a curling iron or straighter. The product is great for damp hair, pre-blow dry, but also gives an added bit of protection when using heated tools like an iron.”
- “Right before she left her house, I gave Lea a mini Dove Hairspray to carry in her purse. For award shows we often change her look from red carpet to performance or if she is presenting, but since Lea was wearing the same style throughout the evening we needed it to last. I told Lea to spray the sides of her hair just before she got out of the car, for an added bit of staying power. She also had it on hand in case the look needed a boost post-show.”
- “Lea and I often pull inspiration for her looks from a variety of fashion, beauty and Hollywood imagery. But for the Teen Choice Awards, Lea was the inspiration. She’s young, modern, smart and sexy and her look really reflected that sensibility. It was a bold choice – we’ve never done this kind of super volume before, but it looked gorgeous.”
Like this post? Don\'t miss another one! Subscribe to the RSS feed!!
From time to time, various brands, PR companies, and marketing firms graciously submit product to The Makeup Girl for editorial consideration. Just like any magazine, The Makeup Girl readers can take comfort in knowing that gratis product has never nor will it ever guarantee a mention on this blog/site. For the full disclosure, click the tab in the navigation bar at the top labeled \"Disclosure\".