Natalie Portman sizzled the other night at the premiere of her latest thriller Black Swan. Wearing a glamorous black Dior off the shoulder dress, she dazzled the red carpet. The loose wavy hair, darkly lined lids and deep burgundy lips would be a perfect holiday look for the season. I have been SO into loose wavy hair these days, so so so over stick straight look. This look is a major thumbs up from me and I think it looks insanely classy. Read on to see how you can easily get this knockout look at home..
Makeup artist Jeanine Lobell created a striking look for the actress by layering two shades of Rouge Dior Lipcolor.
“I lined her lips with a nude pencil and filled them in with more of a burgundy shade. Then, I went over the first layer with a true blue red in the center to give the color more dimension,” said Lobell.
- Eyes: Dior 1-Colour Eyeshadow in Beige Point #626, Dior Liquid Eyeliner in Black, Diorshow Extase Mascara, Dior Brow Styler
- Lips: Dior Lipliner Pencil in Earth #433, Rouge Dior Lipcolor in Zinnia Red #743 layered with Rouge Dior Lipcolor in Fantastic Plum #874
Dior products are available at Sephora stores and sephora.com
The look was designed by her stylist John D., who, though tempted to do an elegant updo, succumbed to the glamour of the dress and created a look that accented the its sense of drama and sensuous silhouette.
“The hair was beautiful, and helped balance the total look,” said John D., “especially since the bottom of the dress was so full. I started with argan oil-infused Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream then blow dried the hair smooth using a round brush to give it ‘oomph’ at the root. I used Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream for its soft hold and hydration. Natalie has naturally curly hair and it needs extra moisture to look its best. Since she’s constantly getting her hair done it can easily dry out. Hydrating Styling Cream helps protect her hair, adds moisture, and smoothes the cuticle. It also gets rid of any frizz and static.”
“I then used a 1″ curling iron, and starting at the back of her head, I curled round sections all over her head to set the volume in, curling back from the face in the front. I finished her hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to give it extra hold that looked soft. It was raining in New York tonight and I wanted to make absolutely sure the body stayed. After her hair cooled, I used one of my tricks: I sprayed a paddle brush with hairspray and used it to separate and loosen the hair. This also tames the curls at the same time. I completed the lookwith a touch of hairspray to give it extra hold. With Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray, I find that I can brush through the hair several times and it gives no residue. It looks naturally shiny and still moves. Finally, I gave used a light mist of Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray to finish.”
- Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream. This proprietary argan oil-infused formula gives beautifully hydrating and natural-looking hold while eliminating frizz, and adding definition and shine. (MSRP: $31.80 / 10.2 fl. oz.)
- Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray creates an instant mist of long-lasting, incomparable shine while protecting hair from the damaging effects of UV light and free radicals. (MSRP: $25.80 / 3.4 fl. oz.)
- Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray is argan oil-infused for lasting, healthy and natural-looking hold with shine. (MSRP $21.00 / 10 fl. oz.)
Moroccanoil’s argan oil is harvested under a free trade program, which provides substantial socio-economic support to thousands of families in the Southwest region of Morocco. Moroccanoil products are sold exclusively in fine salons. You can find the nearest salon by visiting moroccanoil.com.
Photo: Jim Spellman for Getty Images