My homie Karen from Makeup & Beauty Blog inspired me to put this together after I read her 5 minute makeup routine on her site. Makeup routines are tricky and if you are like me, you have perfected different levels of “oomph” for different increments of time. Like Karen, I go for items that pack punch but I also use a few multi-purpose items to save on time and offer the most bang for the buck. Here goes my FIVE to SEVEN MINUTE version in less than 10-12 steps…
- I always start with moisturizer and serum – these days it’s Skin Ceuticals Blemish Age Defense, Mario Badescu Herbal Hydrating Serum and Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base as my skin has been crazy with a few hormonal breakouts PLUS it’s extra dry lately. This is my fresh start every day and night.
- Next up is makeup. Now most of you know I don’t normally do “makeup” but I have found one that I love, Lancome Tient Miracle. It gives me coverage that is buildable BUT it looks natural! Also, if I am feeling sassy I’ll mix in a little luminizer like Illamsqua Gleam Cream or NARS Orgasm Illuminator.
- If my eyes are feeling extra dark, I will use a concealer first but only in spots and applied with a brush – I usually shy away from standard concealers as they tend to look a bit too “makeup-y” for me. If I am just doing a bit of spot concealing then I do it after my foundation. My favorite right now is Becca Dual Compact Concealer. I use a small fiber brush under my eyes and any trouble spots, and blend blend blend.
- Quick dusting of MAC Mineral Skinfinish Natural with a big fluffy brush
- Next up I use a multi-use product on my eyelids and cheeks NARS The Multiple in Palm Beach for a nice pretty bronzey glow.
- Now for eyes, since I used the multiple I usually skip shadow BUT if I have a bit more time I swipe Clinique Quick Eyes Cream Shadow in Cocoa Shimmer on my lids. I finish with MAC Haute & Naughty Lash which has two brushes so it’s like two different mascaras in one – definition and thickness.
- Brows…I HAVE to do brows as mine are sparse sparse sparse….my go to pencil is Lancome’s Le Crayon Poudre in Brunette. It’s MUCH softer looking than most pencils and makes my brows look natural.
- Lips – To ensure that the color lasts I use a stain. Mine is from MAC Prolongwear Lipstain marker [may be discontinued - try Cover Girl Outlast Lipstain for a similar effect] I also almost always wear gloss during the day and my go to all time favorite lately is Hard Candy Plumping Serum Fat Pout Gloss. It’s a great gloss and it’s about $6.
That’s it! seriously takes me 5-7 minutes total…trust me there is a lot of slapping and smearing going on….
what is your five minute routine? Tell me in the comments below!
Like this post? Don\'t miss another one! Subscribe to the RSS feed!!
From time to time, various brands, PR companies, and marketing firms graciously submit product to The Makeup Girl for editorial consideration. Just like any magazine, The Makeup Girl readers can take comfort in knowing that gratis product has never nor will it ever guarantee a mention on this blog/site. For the full disclosure, click the tab in the navigation bar at the top labeled \"Disclosure\".