Hello my babies!! This past 6 weeks has been BEYOND painful as I have been DYING to tell you this news. Remember when I went to Toronto? Well there was another reason for me being there besides touring the Estee Lauder Companies production facility. I was one of 9 bloggers chosen by MAC Cosmetics for a once in a lifetime opportunity to create a shade for their line. A group of over 100 bloggers were contacted last January and were asked to submit concepts for both a lipglass and an eyeshadow along with a visual presentation (the list was whittled down from over 80 by creative submissions). I am overwhelmed and honored to have been chosen, the experience has enriched and changed my life for the better 100%. All I kept saying the entire time was that I was just really excited to be there. As a true beauty junkie….being able to create something from nothing was as amazing and super cool as it sounds. Now, onto my shade…which is rooted in the classic smokey eye. This is one of the MAIN questions I get from YOU my readers. How to do it, what to use etc etc. There are several videos all over the net describing how to do it. But I wanted a shadow that anyone could wear and that would be easy to use (you can use your fingertips – no brush necessary but feel free to use them if you want!) The shade was custom blended by ME (I had help from a chemist but she made me do all the work, go figure LOL) to be an ultra flattering shade for ANYONE expert or novice…subtle or dramatic. You can wear it alone or with another shadow. I am VERY proud of my baby which I dubbed Hocus Pocus, because it’s like MAGIC. Over the next few weeks I will demo it in a bunch of different ways so you can see how easy it is!
Having this experience with my other fellow bloggers Aileen, Amber, Patrice, Lesley, Karen, Christine, Wendy and Lily was amazing as well. We definitely bonded over our love for makeup and everyone was equally excited about the possibilities the project had to offer. You will LOVE the entire collection too, it’s a little bit of everything (I think all the shades can be worn and interchanged together as well!) Hats off to the fabulous and capable chemists that were with us on this journey, they were AMAZING.
So are you on the edge of your seat? Can you stand it? Without further ado, I present the limited edition MAC Cosmetics Bloggers’ Obsession collection for Summer 2011.
No one ♥’s M∙A∙C More than a Beauty Blogger. To thank them for their passionate devotion & always honest feedback, we invited nine of our favourites to our lab in Toronto to Custom-Create their own eye shadow or lipglass. Available exclusively online, just like the makeup-mad minds that created them.
Eye Shadow $14.50 U.S./$17.50 CDN
- Beauty Blogging Junkie – Amber Katz www.beautybloggingjunkie.comSparkle Neely, Sparkle – deep rusty brown with champagne-colored sparkle
- Temptalia – Christine Mielke www.temptalia.com Jealousy Wakes – seething emerald green with teal and gold pearl
- Lipstick Powder N Paint – Lesley Ellen Mirzawww.lipstickpowdernpaint.com Parisian Skies – muted grey-blue
- The Makeup Girl – Lianne Farbeswww.themakeupgirl.net Hocus Pocus – dark sooty grey with silver pearl
Lipglass $14.50 U.S./$17.50 CDN
- Makeup and Beauty Blog – Karen Monterichard www.makeupandbeautyblog.com Evolution Revolution – warm peachy pink with subtle purple, green and blue micro glitter
- Afrobella – Patrice Yursik www.afrobella.com All Of My Purple Life – deep purple/grape with subtle sparkle
- Beauty Maverick – Lily Nima www.beautymaverick.com Caqui - persimmon orange
- The Shades of U – Aileen De Los Angeles www.theshadesofu.com Sonoran Rain – deep coral-red with gold and silver pearl
- Nitrolicious – Wendy Lam www.nitrolicious.com Nitro:licious 2046 – intense shiny red
The limited edition collection will be available online only in North America June 21, 2011 at www.maccosmetics.com