One of my favorite looks of the night was Glee actress Dianna Agron – her laser cut fire engine red Giles dress was a total stunner and her makeup was done by none other than Monika Blunder who has done some really interesting and BEAUTIFUL work over the years. Monika spills the deets on what her inspiration was and a gave us a step by step how to on recreating this classic Hollywood look at home with L’Oreal Paris products.
Inspiration: For Dianna’s makeup, Monika was inspired by the spring 2012 fashion shows where the makeup was fresh but still very glamorous. Since Dianna’s red Giles dress was so “va va voom,” Monika focused on the lips to be the stand out feature.
Step by Step How-To:
- Monika kept Dianna’s skin simple and fresh with a bit of L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup in Light Ivory to give skin a light glow
- Since the focus was kept on her lips, only a small amount of L’Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Celestial (Pink) was applied to the apples of cheeks
- The bold red lip stole the show; Monika applied L’Oréal Paris Infallible Le Rouge in Bold Bordeaux for lasting shine and pigment
- The eyes were highlighted with a hint of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte with Vaseline applied over it to create added shine
- The L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black was lightly applied around the rim of the eye and Monika applied several coats of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara in Black to complete the look
- L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup in Light Ivory ($10.95)
- L’Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Celestial ($12.95)
- L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte (Price: $7.95)
- L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black ($8.95)
- L’Oréal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara in Black ($9.95)
- L’Oréal Paris Infallible Le Rouge in Bold Bordeaux ($9.95)
AND!! How would you like to win this look for YOURSELF!!?? Just leave me a little comment below and I will randomly pick a winner next week. Make sure you either login with Twitter, Facebook or leave your email so that I know how to reach you if you are the winner. I will be picking TWO lucky winners.
I will be picking my winners at random on Wednesday January 25th at 6pm EST. If the winner(s) are notified and do not respond within 24 hours, prize is forfeited and an alternate(s) will be chosen. Contest is open to USA and Canada only. Good luck!!!
Like this post? Don\'t miss another one! Subscribe to the RSS feed!!
From time to time, various brands, PR companies, and marketing firms graciously submit product to The Makeup Girl for editorial consideration. Just like any magazine, The Makeup Girl readers can take comfort in knowing that gratis product has never nor will it ever guarantee a mention on this blog/site. For the full disclosure, click the tab in the navigation bar at the top labeled \"Disclosure\".