Revlon Global Artistic Director, Gucci Westman created a fresh look that is super wearable on multiple skintones. This is another great use of natural looking skin as the backdrop and feature of an entire look. She also was inspired by some iconic makeup looks from 90′s supermodels where the brows were strong.
Revlon Global Artistic Director, Gucci Westman, created a strong but feminine look by giving models a structured brow with a subtle cheek, lip and eye for rag & bone’s Spring/Summer 2013 collection.
“I wanted to create a look that was bold, but still looked soft and natural,” says Westman. “I was inspired by the iconic supermodels of the 90’s and the great structure of their brows. I kept the makeup very pure, adding just a touch of natural flush to the lips by mixing two lip products together, and I used a brow pencil to create subtle freckles and a dramatic brow to top the whole look off.”
To recreate the white hot nail look worn by half of the models, celebrity manicurist Jin Soon Choi suggests creating a short square shape that’s slightly rounded and then smoothing out the ridges with a thick base coat to prepare them for polish. “White can be intimidating to wear,” says Choi. “To guarantee a finished look, you should always use three coats, as it ensures that the polish will look perfectly opaque and smooth.”
- Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream in Light and Medium, $10.99 (available January 2013)
- Revlon Baby Stick in Pink Passion from The Spring/Summer ’13 Collection by Gucci Westman, price TBD (available April 2013)
- Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in Addictive, $7.49
- Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Brown, $7.99
- Grow Luscious Mascara, $7.49
- Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Brown and Light Brown, $7.50
- Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Supermodel, $9.99 (available January 2013) mixed with… Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum, $7.49
- Revlon ColorStay Lip Liner in Nude, $7.99
- Revlon Nail Enamel in Elegant, worn on half of the models, $4.99
- Revlon Top Speed in Spirit, worn on half of the models, $5.99 (available January 2013)
All products by Revlon – available at mass market drugstore/supermarket chains nationwide.