Hello my pretties!! As you know, my post as brand ambassador at Avon keeps me pretty busy – but the biggest perk is getting to test all of the new skincare that is coming down the pipeline! I have tested TWO top secret lab samples from over the past few months and the first one is the latest from Avon, ANew Genics Treatment Concentrate.
This serum is the third product in the Genics franchise, ANEW Genics Treatment Concentrate, is a breakthrough skincare serum patented with YouthGen™ Technology designed to stimulate the Youth Gene to help cells act younger and help you look up to 10 years younger! I love the lightweight formula – it’s perfect for layering onto skin after cleansing but before moisturizing. Reports show skin instantly looks and feels firmer, expression lines appear softer, and skin’s moisture is boosted by 165%. I loved it and have used it for over 10 weeks now. People routinely tell me how great they think my skin looks which is fine by me…I love it when you can see visible results from a product!!
Recently, I had a chance to speak with Dr. Cheryl Karcher about this new little miracle serum. She is Avon’s dermatologist and knows a few things about skin (love getting first hand info from a professional!!) Here’s what she had to say:
TMG: What is one of the biggest skin care myths?
CK: That you need to use a lot of different products. People think the more products you use the better off you are but that’s not true. Here’s a simple 4-step process to follow:
- Treat (this is where you use a serum)
- Moisturize (AM moisturizer with SPF during the day and a night cream in the evening like Genics Treatment Cream)
- Eye (last step is to apply eye cream – the eye area is the most sensitive so don’t forget about it)
TMG: Amazing!! As a pro, when do you recommend to start using skincare?
CK: The earlier you start taking care of your skin, the less signs of aging you’ll experience over the years. But how you take care of your skin changes depending on your age…here is a guide
- Teens – From the moment you are born and throughout teen years, cleansing and sunscreen are key.
- 20’s – It’s all about protection and prevention so continue to use lots of sunscreen all over the face to protect from the elements.
- 30’s – It’s still about protection, but also repair so use products with antioxidants, and maybe retinol or AHAs.
- 40’s –You need to start doing more repair and keep your skin barrier in tact with more moisturization.
- 50’s – Your 50s are all about moisturization (the older you are the drier your skin gets) and using products with antioxidants, retinol and AHAs.
Thanks so much to Cheryl for her FAB pro insight!! This is a fantastic serum AND guess what? It’s only $39.99!
Lianne Farbes and The Makeup Girl are paid brand ambassadors
for Avon, Inc. All opinions are my own
Like this post? Don\'t miss another one! Subscribe to the RSS feed!!
From time to time, various brands, PR companies, and marketing firms graciously submit product to The Makeup Girl for editorial consideration. Just like any magazine, The Makeup Girl readers can take comfort in knowing that gratis product has never nor will it ever guarantee a mention on this blog/site. For the full disclosure, click the tab in the navigation bar at the top labeled \"Disclosure\".