Being a mother myself, I know how important it is to take time for yourself ALWAYS. CoverGirl knows that too because they sent actress and Brand Ambassador Paula Patton to her houses to play makeup artist and stylist to give them a makeover! PP is so awesome, friendly and approachable (remember when I met her last year?) So Paula surprised two wonderful women with complete beauty and wardrobe transformations. Best thing is, she showed them how easy it was to do it BY THEMSELVES.
These lucky ladies are winners of the CoverGirl – sponsored “Unleash Your Inner Beauty” contest and were selected because they both embody the power of women—balancing husbands, children, schools and career—and very much deserved to put themselves first for a day.
About The Webisodes
- Sum up your experience with filming the “Unleash Your Beauty” webisodes.This experience was nothing short of amazing! It felt so good to give back to women who have unselfishly gone above and beyond for their families.
- What aspects of the contest winners did you find inspiring? Their determination! It’s no easy task to work a full time job, care for your children and make time for your husband. I plan on taking some lessons from them!
- Could you see yourself in any of the winners? Definitely! The winners are also mothers and I can totally identify with their situation. As a mother, you always want to put your children first and it’s easy to forget about your needs. You feel like you don’t have time to put on make-up before running errands or going to work. You feel like maybe taking care of how you look is not that important anymore, when you consider all the other responsibilities you have. But it’s important for moms to take sometime for themselves. I always try to remember…happy mom translates to happy baby/child.
- How were their attitudes changed following the makeovers? It was a complete 180! You could tell that their spirits were automatically lifted by the way they walked and the welcomed reception that they received from their husbands and children.
What Empowerment Means to You
- What does empowerment mean to you? To me, empowerment means that you have the courage to pursue whatever it is that you want to do. Whether that means pursuing a new career or trying a new bold make-up look. As small as it may seem, making an effort to look good and take risks can be both empowering and life-changing in a positive way. Women should not be afraid to pursue these things on a daily basis.
- At what point of your life/day do you feel most empowered? I feel the most empowered when I’m with my son and he’s laughing and smiling. I also feel great and ready to conquer the day when I do some kind of exercise in the morning. It’s a great way to get my endorphins circulating and release whatever stress or worries I have.
- What are your everyday beauty essentials? There are a few items that I always have on hand. First, the Lasting Matte Pressed Powder by COVERGIRL Queen Collection is smooth and long lasting. I can always count on the fact that my foundation will stay on no matter what I have on my agenda. I am also in love with their Lash Fanatic mascara because it makes my lashes fuller and longer. Lastly, I can’t go without the Queen Collection lipsticks because they go on clean but stain your lips so even after I finish eating, I still have a little color left until I am ready to reapply. My favorite color from the line is “Powderpuff Pink” because it’s not too bright so I can wear it during the day or night.
- Is there a certain lipstick color that makes you feel most empowered? A red lip always makes me feel bold, sexy and powerful. My pick is “Paint the Town” from the Queen Collection Lip Color line – it’s a rich, red hue that will make you ready to take on whatever comes your way.
- Now that fall is here, what are the make-up trends that you are looking forward to wearing? This season, I am looking forward to sporting rich, bold mulberry-inspired hues. “Fine Wine” and “Tawny Port” from the Queen Collection lipcolor line will be two of my go-to colors.I am also looking forward to trying out the multi-toned eye look. The Queen Collection line has amazing eyeshadow colors that blend easily for lasting color combos.
- What female role model has inspired you over the course of your career? Queen Latifah. What she has accomplished against all odds, while still keeping a smile on her face and giving out amazing positive energy completely blows me away! She is an incredible inspiration.
- How do you think that you empower women? Like other women, I work and I’m also a mother and a wife. I understand that it can be difficult to juggle these responsibilities. Sometimes, there are overwhelming days and sleepless nights but I keep pushing on to do the best I can for my loved ones. If I can do it, other women can do it, too.
- What role do makeovers play in lifting a woman’s self-esteem? When you feel good on the inside, your beauty radiates outward but it always helps to look in the mirror and like what you see. A simple hair cut, new outfit or new lipstick will definitely boost a woman’s self-esteem as well as their self-confidence. You can see this first hand in the makeover videos I did with the COVERGIRL “Unleash Your Beauty” contest winners.
- What are the most significant moments that have occurred throughout your life and career? Having my son, marrying the love of my life and making my life-long dream of becoming an actress a reality.
- As a COVERGIRL Brand Ambassador, how have you used your role to empower other women? COVERGIRL Queen Collection strives to celebrate the individual beauty and strength of African-American women and I am glad to be a part of this movement. Through my role, I hope to show women from all walks of life that they can have it all and they don’t have to be perfect. They just have to approach everything they do in their life with passion and positivity – the career, the family and feeling beautiful.
Like this post? Don\'t miss another one! Subscribe to the RSS feed!!
From time to time, various brands, PR companies, and marketing firms graciously submit product to The Makeup Girl for editorial consideration. Just like any magazine, The Makeup Girl readers can take comfort in knowing that gratis product has never nor will it ever guarantee a mention on this blog/site. For the full disclosure, click the tab in the navigation bar at the top labeled \"Disclosure\".