Hopefully most of you have now read and understood the difference between Skin Types & Skin Conditions. A major Skin Condition that most of us are currently facing is dehydration. Coming out of the winter months, our skin is terribly parched from the heaters in buildings and the cold, dry air. A response I frequently hear is, “But I drink tons of water! How can I be dehydrated??” Though it is superb that you lovely ladies are trying to do right for your body by switching out those sugar-filled sodas for a healthy bottle of water, it’s not always enough to replenish your skin. Think about the amount of water that our organs need to function; when you consume those bottles of water, most of it is being depleted by your body and very little is actually being excreted through the topmost layer of your skin (Epidermis). Symptoms of dehydration are: flaking of the skin and little lines that appear when you push the skin up (wrinkles don’t count).
Now if you aren’t already, certainly start drinking more water! Not only will it help your organs function better, and skin is the largest organ of the body! In addition, we need to make sure we are also putting water back into our skin topically. You will notice a difference right away and your skin will thank you! However, don’t just think that because summer is here you don’t need a hydrator. You’re skin can also have surface dehydration from traveling via plane, any stripping products such as rubbing alcohol, air conditioning units, wind, etc. Make sure that you have a healthy balance of water and oil in your skin.
My top skincare regime for dehydrated skin:
1) Whichever cleanser best fits your skin type
- Boosts hydration in the skin 91% in just 24 hours…can we say instant gratification?
- Perfect for Acneic Skin
- Infuses Ideal Hydration for 24 hours
- Comes in Cream & lotion, perfect for all skin types
- Non-comedogenic (Won’t clog pores)
- Extreme body hydrator to quench overly parched skin on your body
- Works like a peel without the redness or irritation
- Micro-extraction to deeply remove build-up and pollutants in the pores.
- Hydrofusion to smoothe, soothe, and hydrate skin
- Brightens, smoothes texture, plumps wrinkles, reduces appearance of pores
What has worked well for you?