My Nana was a virtual plethora of beauty secrets. Some of the best tricks that I ever learned were from her. Nana was glamorous and feisty! She was my cool grandmother that wore studded jean jackets, platform heels and drove a Camaro with a 350 engine (do you know what that is??!) She also knew a WHOLE lot about beauty.
Her secrets were legendary…and my sister and I drank it all up. She taught me how to drive – with the CAMARO (which she let me paint RED by the way) in the parking lot of Central Hardware on Sundays when they were closed.
She taught me that life was about making your own way and making sure that you were happy first before others. She taught me that no one else can help you until you first help yourself. She also taught me some of my first beauty routines…
- Wash your face every night
- Rub lemons on your elbows and knees to get rid of darkness (fruit acid…yeaaah!)
- Once a week, give yourself a hot oil treatment with olive oil or coconut oil
- Use a peel off mask (gets rid of dead skin cells)
- Rinse your hair with cold water to seal in the shine and close the cuticle
- Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar (boosts shine)
- Slather your feet with Vaseline or Eucerin and wear socks to bed for soft feet (works for hands too)
- Put Vaseline on your eyebrows and eyelashes at night (keeps them groomed and conditioned)
- Put a little baby oil in your bath or scented oil for extreme moisturizing
Enjoy these beauty secrets from a true pro… My Nana.