Get The Look – Kim Kardashian’s Eye Makeup! Everyone loves a good smokey eye (You don’t? Well you SHOULD!) I love that we are seeing more browns and grays and gunmetal, smokey silver eyes. The brownish/silvery trend has been around for a while but now it’s gone more grayish….a little smuttier if you will!! This is by far my favorite smokey eye look….more gray instead of black. It’s much more wearable and far easier to do. Now Kimmy K., Ms. Kardashian, Kim Kardashian as we all know, just had a baby the other day. Hopefully now she can get back to slaying us with her red carpet looks. She has been instrumental in popularizing this look for the masses. There are COUNTLESS YouTube videos and tutorials on how to get the look at home.
Say what you will about her, but her shameless self promotion and makeup are KILLING IT. She looks amazing. Here are some product picks to help you get the look on your own…
- First off, Kimmy does QUITE A BIT of contouring before she even puts one drop of makeup on. Here’s a great video illustrating how she does it
- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly, Groundwork or Quite Natural (depending on your skintone) put this on FIRST
- NARS shadow Duo in Cordura Place the darkest one near your lashline and the lighter one right above it.
- NARS Shimmer eyeshadow in Cyprus Place this on your browbone and on the inner corners of your eyes
- MAC Shadows in Mystery or Smut (extra points if you have my limited edition discontinued MAC Hocus Pocus shadow because that of course would be PERFECT!!)
- Lashes…lashes….LASHES! You can use some volumizing mascara like MAC Opulash OR if you are adept at applying false lashes you can do that!
- NARS Powder Blush in Orgasm, Deep Throat or Oasis (depending on your skintone)
- Finally lips….everyone wants to know what Kim uses and she actually blogged about her whole makeup routine INCLUDING products and colors that she uses here. She uses NARS gloss in Turkish Delight BUT remember to stick with a shade that is good for YOUR coloring. If your skin is darker I would go with NARS Stolen Kisses or if you are pale, try NARS Orgasm.
This is a GREAT look for evening and here is a a video tutorial straight from Kim’s youtube. GREAT tutorial to get you started.