They have done it again. Expanding their “Radiant” foundation lineup, NARS introduces Radiant Cream Compact Foundation [$38]. This lightweight formula combines the supple feel of a cream foundation with the weightless coverage of liquid makeup for a truly glowing complexion. The velvety cream formula blends seamlessly and is completely portable in a sleek new compact. This lightweight formula sets in seconds and features an Advanced Emulsion Technology, allowing for a wet or dry application.
Like all NARS foundations the shade range is BEYOND impressive. It is available in an stunning collection of 20 shades that include the all important UNDERTONE. Undertones are important when selecting a foundation because skin shades can vary so much. For instance I have a yellow undertone in my skin so a lot of makeup comes off too red or too peach with me. The same can be said for fairskinned and dark skinned women as well. When I was a makeup artist, I typically MIXED 2-3 shades to arrive at a color for EVERYONE. NARS is taking that off the table by mixing it for you. I am pretty sure my shade is Stromboli…so I will try that swatch it and let you know how it works out.
- Siberia Light with neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
- Mont Blanc Light with pink undertone
- Gobi For Asian skin light with yellow undertone
- Deauville Light with neutral balance of pink and yellow undertone
- Fiji Light with yellow undertone
- Ceylan For Asian skin Light Medium with yelllow undertone
- Punjab Medium with golden peachy undertone
- Vallauris (NEW) Medium with pink undertone
- Santa Fe Medium with peachy undertone
- Stromboli Medium with olive undertone (this shade looks like it might be me…)
- Barcelona Deeper medium with golden peachy undertone
- Syracuse Medium-dark with brown undertone
- Tahoe Medium-dark with caramel undertone
- Cadiz Medium-dark with caramel and red undertone
- Macao Medium-dark with deep yellow undertone
- New Guinea Dark with red undertone
- Trinidad Dark with warm yellow undertone
- New Orleans Dark with yellow undertone
- Benares Dark with golden undertone
- Khartoum dark with espresso undertone
Take a glimpse of what went on at the shoot….