Yep, I have the solution to 5 summer beauty problems! Even the most careful person can end up with some collateral damage during the summer months. Days of fun in the sun, heat, humidity and chlorine can do a number on our skin and hair, leaving us with sunburns, chapped lips, oily skin or even the dreaded green, crunchy hair. But there’s no need to stay indoors when faced with summer beauty problems. Just solve them with these quick fixes! I’ve rounded up quick (and easy) solutions to treat common summer concerns to keep you looking gorgeous all season long.
So it’s summer and…
- You Got a Sunburn: Ever fallen asleep and woken up lobster red? To soothe red, hot skin, apply Alba Botanica Very Emollient After Sun – 98% Aloe Vera Gel ($7.99) which is free of parabens, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, petrolatum, artificial colors and phthalates.To calm touchy, irritable skin resulting from too much fun in the sun, nothing beats pure aloe vera. This 98% aloe vera gel is certified by the International Aloe Science Council and promises to help soothe grouchiness and discomfort from minor burns, sunburns and dry skin. And if you just can’t get enough, try it as a shave gel or after-shave treat. When you begin to peel, exfoliate once a week with a soft scrub and moisturize after every shower.
- Your Hair is Dry and Brittle: Salty water, chlorine and sun can leave color treated tresses dry as the Sahara desert. Try a conditioning mask like ALTERNA Bamboo UV+ Color Protection Rehab Deep Hydration Masque ($26) to keep your hair soft and smooth. This mask combines strengthening pure Organic Bamboo Extract with color-locking, damage-locking Kalahari Melon Extract leaving hair incredibly silky and shielded from UVA/UVB dry-out and other oxidative damage. With rinse-resistant Color Hold UV+ Technology, it provides the highest level of color protection preventing color from washing out and fading.
- You Have an Ingrown Hair: Ingrown hairs are something we all face (especially around the bikini line!). For a quick 5-second solution, use a gentle exfoliating treatment like Uni K Wax Ingrown Hair Roll-on ($22). Exfoliating once a week with a shower scrub can also help to further prevent new ones.
- Your Skin’s Breaking Out: Face acne (or bacne!) is never cute, but often exacerbated by sweat during the warmer months. Calm existing breakouts with soap-free cleanser that provides a gentle, deep cleansing of the pores while regulating oil production and preventing new pimples like Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing Bar. ($8.99)
- You’ve Got Chapped, Peeling Lips: As summers dry conditions evaporate the moisture from the body, lips are often left dry and dehydrated. Apply Hourglass Cosmetics No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil it’s like a vacation for your lips. The formula is free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates, synthetic dyes and petroleum derivatives (which is a good thing) and it also makes your lips feel beyond smooth and hydrated. It contains a powerful combination of 28 actives, essential oils, plant oils, and vitamins works on contact to condition lips, relieve dryness, chapping, and shield against environmental elements. In addition, three of the 28 advanced active ingredients strengthen the moisture barrier; boost skin smoothness; and elevate the appearance of lip texture, shape, and volume (plumpness of lips).
Have you tried any of these? What are your summer must haves for common beauty problems??