The new kid on the proverbial block is the Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Shadow [$23]. This is a silky cream to powder hybrid shadow has 16 hour staying power and beautiful color that hugs your lid. I have used mine under shadow (it offers MASSIVE staying power like a primer) or on it’s own to create a subtle sheen or a simple smokey eye. You can apply with your fingers or for finer control use a brush (you can even use a thing brush and use it as a cream liner). This is a TRUE multitasker (you know how I LOVE those!) and the possibilities are endless….
- A new generation sensorial formula with a creamy touch feel and powdery finish
- Smooth and slippery texture for easy application: it is composed of micro silica balls that glide & fix themselves instinctively on the skin
- Light texture that cannot be felt on the skin (97%* of women find the texture very comfortable)
- Wateproof 16 hour hold
- Non greasy, it never runs into fine lines (94%* of women)
- From light & smoky finish to full coverage for an intense result
Tips from makeup artist Nicolas Degennes
“You can blend different colors together to obtain your own color.” “Overlay several layers of the same color to obtain an intense look.”
“Apply Ombre Couture under a powder eyeshadow to obtain an incredible base that maximizes the hold of any eyeshadow.
“Apply Ombre Couture with a thin brush along the lash line for liner-like effect”
I am obsessed with it. My go to colors are Brun Cachemire and Gris Organza but I also love Beige Mousseline all over as well for a natural look. The top coat can be worn alone for a sheer shimmery effect or on top for a sparkly addition and additional staying power.
Check these out at Sephora and Sephora.com