My Johnson’s Baby Rockstar Glam Suite was a total hit!! So, a few weeks back, I teamed up with Johnson’s Baby, The Sheraton Tyson’s Corner and celebrity makeup artist Ketta Vaughn to create a “Rockstar Glam Suite” called Sipping Social. This was born out of an ask from a friend of mine Celena Gill who wanted a makeup lesson for herself and a friend. I said, Why don’t we turn this into an event and invite some other ladies!! I got Ketta involved and the rest just fell into place. Celena gave tips on how to manage your time when you have kids, I gave tips on how to use Johnson’s Baby products in your everyday routine and Ketta showed us three looks Office, Happy Hour and After Hours and I was the model/guinea pig!
The Sheraton Tyson’s graciously provided us with the Presidential Suite (whoooaaa mama!!) and some yummy eats from the Brix & Ale restaurant downstairs. Our guests sipped champagne, noshed on nibbles and learned some FANTASTIC makeup tips and looks. It was a perfect Sunday afternoon, the weather was fabulous, the view was spectacular and the company was amazing. We laughed the entire time….
Here are some of our Rockstar Mom Tips (even if you aren’t a mom, you can apply some of these to your routine)
- Organize everyone: Have as set place for keys, backpacks, coats, umbrellas etc. I like to use baskets and bins from Target/Walmart. It makes things infinitely easier.
- Wake up an hour before your child does: This way nobody is trying to cuddle, sleep in etc. Even if you aren’t going to work outside of the home OR if you work from home set those boundaries/. Get up, get your clothes on, and make breakfast.
- Use a crockpot: THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER. You can prep on Sunday for an entire week and freeze in a ziplock bag. Run the ziplock bag under warm water while you get dressed, dump it in the crockpot, set it for 7 hours on low and leave the house. Dinner is hot and waiting for you when you arrive and you have ZERO cleanup.
- Don’t be afraid to take a personal day: It’s important to make sure everything is on track EVERYWHERE in your life. Once in a while, take a mental health day to play catch up.
- Have a mini makeup kit. For those days when concealer and blush just won’t do the trick….whip out your mini makeup kit and pump up the glam! It should include a multi-use products that will work on lips, cheeks and eyes (like NARS The Multiple), a tinted moisturizer w/sunscreen, mascara, mini eyelash curler and a nude/natural lipgloss. If you need to glam it up in 5 minutes or less, this should do the trick!
Some of our beauty tips for using Johnson’s Baby products included:
- Use Johnson’s Soothing Lavender Baby Shampoo to clean your makeup brushes once a week.
- Johnson’s Baby Oil is the perfect go-to eye makeup remover, as it’s gentle and has hypoallergenic properties so that it doesn’t irritate your skin. This is especially great for removing waterproof mascara and eyeliner.
- Johnson’s Baby Powder is a beach bag essential because it removes unwanted sand from fingers, legs and toes.
- Johnson’s Baby Creamy Oil with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E is perfect for soothing sunburns and it’s also great for preventing peeling.
- Johnson’s Baby Powder is the perfect base/lash thickener for mascara. Add some powder to your lashes before adding mascara to add volume and thickness. Just use a Q-tip to apply
- To keep skin moisturized year round, apply Johnson’s Baby Oil Gel right after you step out of the shower to lock in the moisture for long lasting results. Specifically, target your dryer areas such as elbows, knees and heels.
Celebrity makeup artist Ketta Vaughn did a fantastic hands on lesson where she applied one look (in this case it was an office daytime look) and graduated it in intensity by adding elements until she got to the full on glammed out version she called after hours. We actually had four looks because she did two after hours looks with different lip options. See the looks below.
I will have a video up soon that shows Ketta giving her makeup lesson, so you will feel like you are right there with us! would you like to see an event like his in your area? Let me know in the comments… Check out more photos form the event in the gallery below.
All photos copyright TheMakeupGirl – Credit Kristopher Johnson-Hoyle